Mar 22, 2015

Deeper Than Before

Alone in the ocean again on Sunday. Off the edge I go; this time we’re going to push it. Here comes the blue shift. The deeper you go the bluer its gets.
Yes I am pushing for that depth reading on my camera. The one that tells says I am deeper than its ever said we were before.
42 feet, lets go to 50. At this point equalizing is working, but there is this great pressure on my head. Funny the camera is staying at 42 feet. Really wonder how deep we are.
Kicking strong and knowing it’s going to take some time to return to the air, I ascend. 
At the surface looking down. Coral into blue. Hmm this is how sharks like to hunt. Deep down in the blue where no one can see them.
Time to go down again.
Close your eyes, just swim down. If you look at the bottom it seems to never come. Ugh 30 feet again, push it, lets hit 50 today. Funny the camera gets stuck at 42 again. So deep, but there’s deeper to swim.
My legs ach. Something about pushing the body that deep over and over again. Then again maybe its just me being out of shape
The shape of a turtle. It’s deep, but reachable. 
30 feet down we look one another in the eye. There is a certain kind of peace in there. There is a certain level of intelligence in there.
Again I rise to the surface. Guess it’s time to go to work. I’ll be there in 10 mins. Another Sunday before work at my kind of church. 

Gab Gab Beach, Guam 

No comments: