Dec 12, 2013

The gamble, a chance, luck. A series of slamming doors, each slipped through.

Two weeks ago my fate was determined by two phone calls at the right time. In sales the walk-in, the inquiry, the lay-down customer are the thing of dreams.

Back to back at a time when they were needed most those two phone calls came through. warm leads, ready to buy. There was little to no selling involved.

One in November. One in December, saved me from certain death.

Yes, there were two other sales. Hard fought for, but with help from sales guru's. The old dogs, whose time in the business stamped a higher closing ratio on everything they touched.

Of three, I am the last. In a land where I speak the language at the broken level of a five year old, somehow I continue to communicate.

In an ocean far from land its easy to sink. To starve. To die of thirst. Here is where you must sell to death to close for a drink, food, and a raft.

Somehow through chance and tenacity I have made it 6 months at sea.

No comments: