Aug 20, 2011

False Advertisement

A few weeks ago I found myself alone one evening and in desire of the company of the fairer sex. Having little money and feeling rather tired, I made my way to the local convenience store.

While pursuing the beer cooler I found a can of Kirin Ice Beer. The instructions on the side of the can were intriguing:
1) Fill the glass with beer halfway
2) Slowly put in ice-cubes
3) Drink the Ice + Beer
4) A cute girl in a red dress will appear and say, "Cool!".

Assuming that beer cans do not lie, I purchased a can and took it home. At my apartment I took out a glass, carefully filled it exactly halfway with beer, skillfully filled the remained of the glass with ice-cubes, and then slowly began to drink the beer.

Unsure of where the women in red would appear from, I awaited a knock at the door. When none came, I checked my balcony, but found no one. As a last ditch effort I looked out the window to see if the women in red was downstairs waiting for me.

Needless to say she never came and I learned a valuable lesson, never trust a beer can.

No comments: