Dec 22, 2010

PPE





As the car turned out into traffic in front of me, I pulled back hard on the brakes. The back tire locked up and the cars bumper was the next place I was going to be. Letting off the brakes, I dove right, trying to make it around the car.
It was going to be close and I was going to hit the cars side-view mirror. Then there was a crash, followed by nothing. My eyes opened while I still sliding down the highway. Ahead was a tunnel and I began to wonder if I would slide all the way down there.
Darkness, but no pain. What was broken or missing? As I gently flexed and moved my body a strong pain came from my knee. Worried about lying in the road I crawled up onto the median. I needed to call someone to let someone know what had happened, but I could not remember anyones name or how to use my phone.
Strangly my knee was feeling better, so I got up to walk across the highway, while a Japanese man prostested and told me to sit down. Standing up I told him I was OK in Japanese and walked to the other side of the street.
Before long I was in the emergency room, my memory had returned, and the knee was just a little swollen and cut up. Yet another close call and another of my 9 lives spent; I wonder how many I have left.

No comments: