Mar 29, 2010

Prophylactic Photos

The Sony Cyber Shot that has documented nearly all of my adventures has begun to show signs of wear. While most would have moved on long ago, my cheapness has led to me opening up this camera on more than one occasion fix something.
...............................................


Today was likely our last maintenance session. Knowing that death for this camera is inevitable, I decided to try something I had seen on the Internet a few years ago.


The idea was simple enough: Use a non-lubricated condom to transform a regular camera into an underwater camera.


As we can see from the pictures, the idea worked in principle and my camera has survived to take another picture. Unfortunately it appears as though my camera does not care to take pictures underwater. Then again the current did make holding the camera steady difficult, the lighting was not perfect, and the lens had to deal with looking through the latex. So with a little practice this idea just might work. However, I think at this point a new camera is in order; donations as always are appreciated.

No comments: