Mar 28, 2010

A moment at base camp

I've burnt the forest to win this war. Years of life, saving, and tenacity is what it took to secure this victory. It was not this first time I'd made an audacious move. It was not the first time I'd seen the losses begin to add up.

The difference is this time I stared failure in the face and knew its stench. Failure built up my arsenal. Opportunities wasted, missed, and abused imprinted the importance of seizing the moment and fighting till there is nothing left.

With this war won another begins. Peace and success breed new unknowns. Success has made me hungry. Loss has left me ruthless. Experience has earned me knowledge.

The have beens and happy with this try to speak to me. Yet their words float in one ear and out the other. While these spirits may have tasted success, they never swallowed the sour fruit of life I've tasted and stomached.

From this base camp I stare up at a new set up unknowns. Though my experience may fail me again, luck and my calloused palms will guide me through the life's narrows.

No comments: