Jan 30, 2009

T-shirt Sir?

It had been a long hot day at Angkor Wat and our driver was not c0-operating. You see when Pat and I had booked a Tut Tut tour of Angkor he and I had assumed the tour of the floating village was included in the price. That as it turned out was not the case. So as I tried to convince our driver to take us to another temple, a crowed of peddlers descended upon our Tut Tut like a hoard of hungry zombies.

As the crowd grew larger, my conversation with the driver went something like this:
Me, "So I would like to go here."
Driver, "No that is to far."
Peddler, "T-shirt sir?"
Me, "No thank you. Come on, look at the map, its not that far?"
Driver, "No no too far."
Peddler, "T-shirt sir?"
Me, "No! Alright how about..."
Peddler, "T-shirt sir."
Me, "Uhhh come on lady."
Driver, "No, No I cannot go there either."
Me, "Well then how about we drive to the bank of the lake?"
Peddler, "T-shirt sir?"
Me, "Are you kidding me?"
Driver, "OK I can go there."
Me, "Thank god can we leave now?"
Peddler, "T-shirt sir?"
Driver, "OK."
Peddler, T-shirt sir?"

In the mean time unkown to us till that evening, Pat had been pick-pocketed by a mother and son team using the damn t-shirt lady as a distraction.

No comments: