Jan 19, 2009

Five Years

Its been five years since I graduated from university. Though I've had stints in construction and office work, for the majority of the time teaching English has put bread on the table.

Teaching English has enabled me the live in places that I used to dream about visiting while looking at National Geographic in my basement.

Now as I sit in my classroom, with four days of teaching left, another chapter is coming to a close. For the fifth time I will be saying goodbye to friends, breaking it off with a girlfriend, selling my motorcycle, packing my bags, working one last day, saying goodbye, and then getting on an airplane.

At 500mph, a new life will be flying towards me. Unknown friends, adventures, and jobs will be scattered across my destination. Yet with a wrong turn there and a conversation here, I will find them like items in a scavenger hunt.

Then with all the pieces in place once again, life will be comfortable. Well, at least for awhile.

No comments: