Feb 3, 2008

What do you like?

Of all the odd and inappropriate questions I have been asked while teaching English, "Do you like sex?" definitely takes the cake.

This question could almost be expected from an over enthusiastic middle or high school student who wanted to test out the wilder side of the English language. Yet this question did not come from one of my students, it came right out my bosses mouth.

We had barely known one another an hour before he worked this rather surprising question into the conversation. Not knowing what to say, I skirted around the question and left my boss to do what he liked with the skirt. Having this question directed back at him, my bosses felt obliged to answer the question he had asked.

So does my boss like sex? No he does not; a point which he repeated at least five times during a car ride from the airport that I will not soon forget.